Is it possible to have a non-FA DBS recorded on my FAN?

Modified on Thu, 21 Sep 2023 at 03:05 PM

If you require a DBS Check for your role in football, you may require an FA issued one. The steps to do this, dependent on your role, are found HERE.

If you already have a DBS Check from another role and wish to transfer that onto your FAN, it is possible, but the following criteria have to be fulfilled:

1. The DBS Check must be registered with the DBS Update Service.

2. The DBS needs to be issued for Child Barring or Adult & Child Barring workforce (solely Adult Barring will not be accepted).

3. If your role in football is paid, the DBS must have been issued for a paid role (a DBS issued for a voluntary role will not be accepted, unless your role in football is voluntary).

If you fulfill all of the above criteria, you should be able to transfer your DBS onto your FAN. You must contact First Advantage, who administer the DBS Checks for The FA via Do note, as part of the process, you are likely to be requested to undertake an ID check at a Post Office.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article